Sunday, December 12, 2010

The obvious solution here is more caffeine

So as of Friday night, I am a single girl.  I'd been dating D for about 10 months before he freaked out about making our commitment a wee bit more serious.  After a month off from each other (his idea, not mine) we parted ways.  It was as mutual a breakup at any breakup could be, and ultimately it was the right decision.  We clearly weren't on the same page about where we wanted the relationship to go, and I think everyone can agree that moving forward in a relationship when you're not on the same page with each other is a recipe for disaster.

That doesn't make the breakup any easier, though.

Well, okay, maybe a little. I mean, I did have a month away from him to realize that yes, I will be okay.  I'm strong, and I'm young, and a New Year is right around the corner.  But hot damn it's taking a lot of effort to do ANYTHING these few days immediately after.  I'm happy I still have one more weekend day, today, before heading back to work.  It's been a long time since I've had to deal with a breakup, and I forgot how draining those first few days can be.  Geezalou.  I'm happy I have caffeinated coffee.  And wine. (But not together. Eww.)  I think I'm going to need a few more minutes in the morning tomorrow to get myself ready to head to work.  And way more coffee.  Maybe I'll just make a pot at the office.

No, I can't do that.  Everyone else will drink it.

I think I'm coping okay.  I'm getting out of the house, if only for small amounts of time.  I'm making plans.  I'm listening to Cee-Lo's "Fuck You" over and over.  (Side Note - how awesome is this song?) If any of you have suggestions on other fun ways to get over someone, send them my way.  I'm sure I can put them to good use.


Thanks and love,
Folly

No comments: