Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Karaoke was a baaaaad idea


Happy Christmas!!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday full of presents and family, or church services, or a movie and Chinese food.  I, however, spent my holiday with a cold.  And not a nice one with a couple sneezes here or there, but a full-on cold complete with body aches, a sore throat, an occasional sneeze, itchy eyes, and a stuffy nose.  Because of this unfortunate turn of events, I was stuck with a very difficult choice at Christmas dinner – cold/flu meds or wine?

This was like having to pick one child over the other, if I had children.

So I did what any good parent would do – I picked my favorite.



Wine.

The after dinner activity for the family was Wii American Idol Karaoke, so I think I chose wisely.  What I did not choose wisely, however, was the song to sing.

I mean, to be fair, I didn’t pick the song.  My aunt did.  And I looked at the song and thought, “oh hey, that’s in my key.  And I know the words.  I can totally sing this with her.”

Oops.

The song? “Who Knew” by P!nk. 



It hit me about mid-chorus, a minute or two in, what exactly I was singing.

 

I kept going, kept pushing through.  My aunt had no idea when she picked the song.



Okay, I didn’t cry, thank goodness, but the tears barely stayed in their little ducts before we got to the end of the song.

I’ve been a borderline wreck, emotionally speaking, ever since.  I don’t know whether to blame the poor song choice or the invisible vice around my body made only slightly more bearable with store-brand DayQuil.

I'm blaming the cold meds.

1 comment:

Claire said...

That sucks, BUT it's also pretty funny, especially with the animation :)

I likey the bloggy!!!