Friday, April 8, 2011

And the Blogger Award Goes to:

As a nice break from my normal blogging on about boys and crushes and dating and whathaveyou, I'd like to thank Ms. Josie Speaks Up... for awarding me with a the Versatile Blogger Award! It's a neat little award that goes blogger-to-blogger.  Part of this award is that I must include 7 things about myself and then nominate other bloggers for an award.

So here goes.

|1| Wine just *may* be the greatest beverage ever invented by humankind.  I'm rather obsessed with it, I think it's overpriced in restaurants but drink it anyway, and I try not to sound like a know-it-all when I discuss different varietals and vintages with people.  I don't know that I'm all that successful in that last bit.

|2| I really hate when I get an itch on the part of my scalp directly under a ponytail.  Most irritating thing, like, EVER.

|3| If I could take two foods with me on a desert island, I'd take grapes and potatoes.  It's ingenious, really: Grapes for fruit and sweets, and also WINE.  Potatoes for starches and carbs, and also VODKA.

|4| I just made a hamburger on my indoor panini-grill, and I'm rather impressed with myself.

|5| I hate flirting.  Loathe it.  I'm awful at it, and I can't tell the difference between when I'm being just subtle enough and when I'm being too subtle.  

|6| Despite my sometimes avid twittering, I really don't like Twitter.  But in this social media hey-day it seems silly not to have a Twitter to go with my blog.  So...I have a Twitter.

|7| Ever since watching "America's Next Top Model" for the first time, I practice my model walk wherever I go. FIERCE!

And now for the awards!

 Degree Times Three is awarded . . . The Versatile Award, for being such a versatile person in real life.








 Always Ashten is awarded . . . The Sticktoitiveness Award, for sticking to her set Quote of the Week and Woo Hoo Wednesday like a pro.  I can't even bother to post about my Blasts from the Past on a regular basis, so props to you, Ashten!




 The Fashion Issue is awarded . . . The Most Fashionable Award, for understanding trends and fashions at a different level than most people.








 And, lastly, Some Spare Thyme is awarded . . . The Tastiest Award.  Now, I'm exempting Some Spare Thyme from having to post and nominate again because I know she's done this before, but if you haven't checked out her awesome recipes (like red velvet cake balls!) then you must get over there STAT!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Awww, thank you! You da best!

Josie said...

Folly!
A girl after my own heart- wine. Although I don't dare talk about it because despite my advanced age I still no nothing about it. I'm impressed with your inventiveness in taking grapes and potatoes to your desert island.
Also impressed with the awards you created, very well, creative!
josie x

Ashley said...

Claire - You're welcome!

Josie - I took an upper-level wine course in college. It was difficult (and expensive!!) but I learned a lot! I'm pretty proud of my grapes and potatoes on the desert island, though my mother just laughed at me when I told her about my ingenious plan. And thanks for the compliments on my created awards - I decided to have a little fun with it :)

Ashten said...

How did I just see this?? I am grateful for you, loyal reader! :)

I'd like to thank the internet and of course Brad Pitt, because I'm pretty sure most things that are good are because of Brad Pitt.