Sunday, July 17, 2011

STOP THE PRESSES!!

Good heavens, Follies, STOP THE PRESSES!!



WNG contacted me.  The guy I'd completely written off contacted me, eager to get together after a few busy weeks at work.

Say wha--?

I'd really written him off.  I mean, sure, my gut a while back told me to wait it out, and my two closest, bestest friends told me to wait it out a bit longer, but based on every previous experience ever, when a guy says he's too busy, it does NOT mean he's too busy.  It means he's not interested in ever seeing me again and can't say so.

But now, here's WNG.

We have two dates set up - today and Tuesday.  I was just perusing a singles event at the local zoo (happening in two weeks) and was pricing tickets when he contacted me.  I wonder if I can convince him to purchase a ticket...we can pretend to meet there...I mean, listen, people at this event get to take part in interactive exhibits with the animals.  I could meet a giraffe, or an elephant.  So, I kinda want to go.

Anyhoo, back to the point of this post - not that there is a point, but I'll try to come up with one - apparently, guys really can be busy.  I don't think it excuses him disappearing for a while, but in his case, it was true.

Which means I really don't understand guys now.  But at least I have one happy point back in my life. Now, to work on happying the other points...

3 comments:

Ashten said...

Guys are so simple, it's confusing. I don't think I will ever, ever, ever understand them! Glad he contacted you!

Ashley said...

Right, Ashten? So simple it's confusing. I'm glad he contacted me too!!

Allie {teaspoon of Life} said...

Omg! I love your idea of going and pretending to meet there! So much so that I want to take Stanton and do it! Lol. Who needs to know we've been together for 3 years. You are so fun! I hope he goes with it :)